2/13/2015

How to install HP Laserjet 1010 / 1012 / 1015 Printer Driver on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10

HP LaserJet 1010 not supported in Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 and Windows 10

Workaround:
(It works with Windows 8.1, but I got a comment, that it works with Windows 10 as well.)

-Download the HP LaserJet 1012 Host Based (Windows Vista 32 or 64 bit) driver from here.

-Extract the selected driver into a folder.

Follow next steps (and see the pics below):

Devices and Printers
Add Printer
The printer that I want isn't listed

Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings
Use an existing port - choose DOT4_001 (HP Print device)
Next
Click on "Have disk..." (and browse folder where you extracted drivers before)
Choose "hpc1015w", than click open
Click on your printer type
Nex, next, finish :)

Print a test page.









I found solution here.






21 comments:

  1. Very helpful. I was about to regret upgrading to Windows 10.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant - very helpful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wasted 3 hours before I came across this blog. Fantastic! Thanks a ton.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe that this is what it takes to get the printer to work... And, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU AND THANK YOU SOME MORE. Thank God for folks like you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gracias me funciona ¡¡¡¡
    Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello i have windows 10 and i have a problem i want install my print hp LaserJet 1010 but i haven't driver. can you help me?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hola, ¡el driver funciona! aunque tarda más en ponerse en marcha que con el 8.1. Gracias a usted podré seguir utilizando mi superbarata e inmortal Laserjet 1010. ¡Abajo la obsolescencia programada!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I followed the instructions and it seemed to work but when I printed a test page, it said my printer was in an error state. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks a lot. It's my third installation of this printer. Finally it's working! Thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Muchas gracias por compartir tu conocimiento. Desde España.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I love my 1012 -- it still works like a trooper after all these years. Glad to still have it for this new computer with Windows 10.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I did all this for my 1010 but I can't select printer properties or printer preferences (it just goes back to desktop) so I can't force it to change paper size to A4 and it defaults to Letter which is wrong for my accounting programme. Any help would be appreciated please

    ReplyDelete
  13. it is not working................

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you! It is working on Windows 10!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow,it's really amazing and very easy to understand. I think it's helpful for everyone. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. can anyone share the driver to extract? the link given not available :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      In Hungarian version of this blog there is a comment.
      They said that from Windows 1709 update it is not necessary to do this procedure.
      Do the normal way to install HP 1015 printer:

      Add printer
      Choose the printer port and in HP drivers section there is HP Laserjet 1010 HB/ 1012 HB/ 1015HB driver.

      Delete
  17. hp should withdraw this model from the market and pay their customer for inconveniences; mine still did not work.

    ReplyDelete